Radiology is an essential field that detects what is initially unseen, saves lives and supports medical breakthroughs. Technological advances in radiology have allowed doctors to diagnosis illness and treat patients. The technology is often well known and includes things like, X-ray, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Many companies are leading the field in new contributions. The following list offers an overview of the top 50 radiology companies to watch in 2015. These companies will be the ones to make important advances in the years to come. They were selected with consideration to their awards, contributions to the field and their service to customers.
1. ZONARE Medical Systems
- Recognized by Frost & Sullivan with the 2014 North American Award for Enabling Technology Leadership
2. Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
- Has already announced innovations for 2015
- Award winning innovators in open and upright MRI scanners
4. UMG Medical Imaging
- Leaders in innovative medical, orthopedic, podiatric, chiropractic and veterinary radiology products
- Designs and manufactures digital radiography technology and is known for single detector technology
6. Aurora Advanced Breast Imaging
- Award winners for breast MRI systems
- Owns more than 1,000 patents for medical and dental imaging and information technology
- New high quality image general radiology system
9. Cook Medical
- Leaders in interventional radiology
- Award winners for portable digital imaging
11. Phillips Medical Systems
- Known for innovation in image quality
- Has made important advances in cancer treatment and brain disorders
- Offers innovative products for diagnosis and treatment
- Specializes in mammography and orthopedic imaging
15. Amicas, Inc.
- Specializing in medical imaging as well as information management solutions.
16. Cannon Medical
- Newly launched affordable, X-ray cart
17. FujiFilm Medical Systems
- Being recognized for radiology management software
18. Vital Images
- Number One Enterprise Advanced Visualization of the KLAS Awards for two consecutive years
19. Imaging Equipment
- Specialties in diagnostic and therapeutic radiology
20. NDC Company
- Sells equipment that is new and refurbished
21. Lupica Medical Systems
- Is recognized for its service and the quality of their x-ray equipment
- Leader in research, design and manufacturing of replacement tubes for radiology technology
23. Fischer Bloom
- The oldest manufacturer of X-ray imaging devices in the United States
24. Shared Imaging
- Offering equipment for CT, MRI, PET
25. Varian Medical Systems
- World’s largest independent supplier of medical X-ray components
26. Wolverine X-ray
- Known for high-quality products in medical, veterinary, chiropractic and digital systems
27. Hitachi Medical Systems America, Inc.
- With the motto, “inspire the next,” they specialize in medical imaging
28. Aktina Medical
- Combines consultation services with the manufacture and design of radiation oncology systems
29. Medical Imaging /IMCO, Inc.
- Specializes in equipment and accessories
- Recognized for creating software and hardware for medical imaging
- Manufactures and distributes medical devices for diagnostic and therapeutic medical procedures
- Specializes digital images and software for both medical and dental use
33. All Star X-ray Inc.
- Newer to the field, they specialize in X-ray services and products
34. Siemens Healthcare USA
- Specializes in X-ray technology
35. Jones X-Ray
- Specializes in X-ray services, equipment and accessories
36. GE Healthcare
- Offers cloud imaging solutions
37. Ozark Imaging Inc.
- Focuses on X-ray, chiropractic X-ray and veterinary X-ray systems
- The fifth largest and fastest growing group in the United States
39. Excel Imaging
- Provides X-Ray equipment
- Innovative medical imaging and management
41. AMD Technologies
- Software design company, specializing in image display and storage
- Relatively new, they produce highly-accurate holograms for medical imaging
- A growing company focused on medical devices and supplies
- Specializes in radiology imaging
45. SonoSite Inc
- Expertise in portable ultrasound equipment
46. TeraRecon Inc.
- Is known for visualization technology
47. Varian Medical Systems Inc.
- An established company focusing on supplies and informatics software
48. Vital Images
- Software company that specializes in 3D imaging
- Well-known for veterinary radiology, image support and technical training
- Offers both digital and film based imaging to clients
Radiology is ever changing. With software, inventions and equipment, companies on this list are creating a productive and innovative future for radiology technology.